January 20, 2007
6:00pm to ~10:00pm
Event planned by Herb Looney and Mike & Jean Sevel
- Place: Friesenhaus Restaurant, New Braunfels
This is about as authentic as you get in New Braunfels for German atmosphere and food. It's just off the old town square and has plenty of parking. We will have a special room just for us decorated with traditional German banners and flags. There is a Biergarten adjacent to our room for those who want German draft beer, wine, or other spirits. There is also a variety of special teas (apricot peach, green tea, etc.) available. We will have some tea and coffee set up for those who prefer something lighter. There is even a bakery as part of the restuarant for those who want to take some Butterkuchen, or Black Forest Tart home with them.
- When: Be there at 6:00pm with dinner orders starting at 6:30pm to be followed by our traditional incentive awards and the white elephant gift exchange.
- Menu: We will be ordering from the standard menu which is available on line to preview ahead of time, but tantalize your taste buds with thoughts of Jagerschnitzel, Holzfaller-Schnitzel, Nurnberger Sausage, or Berliner Bouletten all for under $13.00 per meal. All taxes and tips are the responsibility of each family and there will be separate checks for each party.
- What: An evening of fun, white elephant gift exchange* (free-for-all), door prizes, Incentive Points Challenge Awards and great food.
- Who: Tejas Chapter members, spouses, friends, and family.
- Why: Traditional Tejas Chapter start to a new year. To get together after the holiday rush is over, exchange holiday stories and plans for the new year, have some good food, and have a great time!!
More about Friesenhaus Restaurant
148 S Castell Ave
New Braunfels, TX 78130
There are lots of little shops nearby for those who want to arrive early and walk around before the event starts.