Dr. Beemer Tech Day
Saturday, May 31, 2014
8901 S. 1st,
Austin TX, 78748
| Have you been putting off the maintenance that your beloved BMW so deserves? What about those pesky control arms and bushings? Or the new front rotors and brake pads that would really be much easier if only you had a lift in your garage? Take heart, Kings of DIY. Our own Dr. Beemer is opening his shop doors to the Tejas Chapter!
On Saturday, May 31, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 18 lucky cars can do up to a 2 hour repair or maintenance job of their choice. And Dr. Beemer will even have professional technicians there to guide you and give advice. (No, they won't do the repair for you, Don Yule ...)
Dr. Beemer will also give you 25% off of OE and aftermarket parts purchased from Dr. Beemer in advance! Plus you'll be entered in a raffle for valuable door prizes. Lunch will be catered by Thunder Cloud Subs and served beginning at 11 a.m. Eat whenever you aren't working on your car.
To get an estimate on labor time and parts costs for the work you need to do, email Dr. Beemer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use Tejas Chapter Tech Day in the subject line. Include your year, make, model, and what you want to do to your car and what parts you need. Once you know the job will fit into the time constraints, order your parts and sign up for a work slot on the Tejas Chapter website. This is first come, first served.
- $20 for a work slot includes use of facility and tools, lunch, and one raffle ticket for door prizes.
- Your work can take no longer than two hours.
- Everyone must bring their own safety glasses (prescription eyeglasses are fine to wear without safety glasses).
- Up to 3 spots will be available for paid alignments at 25% off.
- Additional raffle tickets are available for $5 each.
- You must be a current BMW CCA member.
- Parts purchased from Dr. Beemer are 25% off (OE and aftermarket). If the parts have to come from the dealership, it would be 10% off the parts. (This still may be less expensive than the BMW CCA discount of 20% off dealership parts retail, though).
- Dr. Beemer technicians will be available for advice and guidance. Members may bring their own tools.
- Members may tip their technician. Remember, these guys are donating their day to us.
- Dr. Beemer will raffle some cool stuff; possibilities include: BMW accessories, free oil changes, free alignments, set of tires, novelty LED Puddle lamps, etc.
|Tom Brown||1995||325iC||2||Kyle Ray||1993||325iC||1|
|Josh Butts||2001||740i||1||Mike Sevel||2008||328i||1|
|Ken Carson||1993||325iC||1||Steve Tatro||2003||540i||1|
|Jonna Clark||2011||M3||1||Javier Torres||2008||M3||2|
|Marco Cordon||2007||Z4||2||Daniel Vu||2010||???||1|
|Greg Donsbach||2003||530i||1||Roger Williams||2000||M Rdstr||1|
|Dan McLaughlin||2000||M5||1||Louis Wyler||2006||M Cpe||1|
|Brad Mitchell||2001||M Rdstr||1||Total||15||18|